Would you kindly recommend a hosting provider?
Thread poster: redred
redred
redred  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 05:31
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jul 16, 2007

If a website is a static one with a few pages, 100M-200M space is sufficient, but go through some hosting providers, take one for example, the economy hosting plan is as follows: 5 GB Space; 250 GB transfer; 500 Email Accounts; FREE! Software; 10 MySOL Databases; 50 Email Forwards; Forums, Blogging, Photos; metropolis Hosting Community.

The minimum offer is far beyond the space of a mini website, it is somewhat an aircraft carriers to me, as old saying goes, don’t waste grain; thr
... See more
If a website is a static one with a few pages, 100M-200M space is sufficient, but go through some hosting providers, take one for example, the economy hosting plan is as follows: 5 GB Space; 250 GB transfer; 500 Email Accounts; FREE! Software; 10 MySOL Databases; 50 Email Forwards; Forums, Blogging, Photos; metropolis Hosting Community.

The minimum offer is far beyond the space of a mini website, it is somewhat an aircraft carriers to me, as old saying goes, don’t waste grain; thrift is virtue, it certainly waste resources though someone only spends a few dozens of US dollars per year.

To find a suitable partner, I would like to hear your suggestions about hosting providers in US and Europe.
Collapse

Natalia Elo
Natalia Elo  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:31
English to Russian
+ ...
ProZ.com Jul 16, 2007

Hi,

redred wrote:

To find a suitable partner, I would like to hear your suggestions about hosting providers in US and Europe.

I think you have found it, it's ProZ, but you have to be a member. I have been very satisfied with it and can only recommend it to others.

http://www.proz.com/faq/hosting

Best regards,
Natalia

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:31
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
ProZ.com Jul 16, 2007

With FTP account and what your heart would also wish.
For paying members for free

I'm using it since it exists and can only but recommend it. A nice small provider.

Jerzy

Deborah do Carmo
Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:31
Dutch to English
+ ...
Same here Jul 16, 2007

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

With FTP account and what your heart would also wish.
For paying members for free

I'm using it since it exists and can only but recommend it. A nice small provider.

Jerzy

For your needs - as you describe them "redred" - hosting through Proz would seem ideal.

I use it with no problems at all and have always found the hosting support staff quick to respond and very helpful.

Regards
Deborah

[Edited at 2007-07-16 17:00]

redred
redred  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 05:31
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks all Jul 17, 2007

Thank for your suggestions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Would you kindly recommend a hosting provider?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »