Thread poster: Natalie Thomas

Natalie Thomas
New Zealand
Local time: 02:40
Member (Jul 2018)
Portuguese to English
Jan 31, 2017

Hi allicon_smile.gif

I am a taking a course in translation at university, and to help get some experience I asked for material to translate (voluntarily - no pay) from the Brazilian community in my city. I have received several documents and have translated three so far.

However, I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to have my translations proofread so I can learn what I am doing well and correct my mistakes?

The teachers at my university do not speak Brazilian Portuguese so they cannot mark my work.

Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 16:40
German to Turkish
+ ...
Mentoring Feb 2, 2017

You can get involved in a mentoring program in your language pair. A mentor may not actually proofread your translations but will be able to guide you in the translator's world.

ProZ offers such a possibility. You can check the conditions under Member activities tab > Mentoring program.

Another option is to pay a proofreader for this work icon_biggrin.gif

Elif

Natalie Thomas
New Zealand
Local time: 02:40
Member (Jul 2018)
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Elif Feb 3, 2017

Thanks, that is a good idea.

Clara Carybe  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 10:40
Member (2017)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Yes, I can if you still need help Mar 3, 2017

Hi,
I can proofread your work. I live in Brazil and I have a major in Portuguese. Let me know if you need any help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proofreading

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search