Proofreading
Thread poster: Natalie Thomas

Natalie Thomas
New Zealand
Local time: 05:41
Portuguese to English
Jan 31, 2017

Hi allicon_smile.gif

I am a taking a course in translation at university, and to help get some experience I asked for material to translate (voluntarily - no pay) from the Brazilian community in my city. I have received several documents and have translated three so far.

However, I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to have my translations proofread so I can learn what I am doing well and correct my mistakes?

The teachers at my university do not speak Brazilian Portuguese so they cannot mark my work.

Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 20:41
German to Turkish
+ ...
Mentoring Feb 2, 2017

You can get involved in a mentoring program in your language pair. A mentor may not actually proofread your translations but will be able to guide you in the translator's world.

ProZ offers such a possibility. You can check the conditions under Member activities tab > Mentoring program.

Another option is to pay a proofreader for this work icon_biggrin.gif

Elif

Natalie Thomas
New Zealand
Local time: 05:41
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Elif Feb 3, 2017

Thanks, that is a good idea.

Clara Carybe  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:41
Member (2017)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Yes, I can if you still need help Mar 3, 2017

Hi,
I can proofread your work. I live in Brazil and I have a major in Portuguese. Let me know if you need any help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proofreading

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search