Proofreading
Thread poster: Natalie Thomas
Natalie Thomas
New Zealand
Local time: 17:39
Portuguese to English
Jan 31

Hi all

I am a taking a course in translation at university, and to help get some experience I asked for material to translate (voluntarily - no pay) from the Brazilian community in my city. I have received several documents and have translated three so far.

However, I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to have my translations proofread so I can learn what I am doing well and correct my mistakes?

The teachers at my university do not speak Brazilian Portuguese so they cannot mark my work.

Direct link Reply with quote

Elif Baykara  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 08:39
Member (2015)
German to Turkish
+ ...
Mentoring Feb 2

You can get involved in a mentoring program in your language pair. A mentor may not actually proofread your translations but will be able to guide you in the translator's world.

ProZ offers such a possibility. You can check the conditions under Member activities tab > Mentoring program.

Another option is to pay a proofreader for this work

Elif

Natalie Thomas
New Zealand
Local time: 17:39
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Elif Feb 3

Thanks, that is a good idea.

Clara Carybe  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 02:39
Member (Jan 2017)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Yes, I can if you still need help Mar 3

Hi,
I can proofread your work. I live in Brazil and I have a major in Portuguese. Let me know if you need any help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proofreading

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search