Jeannie Graham
Jeannie Graham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:40
German to English
+ ...
Jul 9, 2003

Hi
did anyone else receive an email from a company called ATS Ltd asking for a translation quote into many languages? I am a little suspicious as their address is a PO Box and their email is a yahoo one! I actually replied asking for further details including their website, but they told me it was under construction.
I have actually declined to offer a quote until they can provide me with more details about their company.
It's not just a matter of issuing prices, but it is qui
... See more
Hi
did anyone else receive an email from a company called ATS Ltd asking for a translation quote into many languages? I am a little suspicious as their address is a PO Box and their email is a yahoo one! I actually replied asking for further details including their website, but they told me it was under construction.
I have actually declined to offer a quote until they can provide me with more details about their company.
It's not just a matter of issuing prices, but it is quite an extensive quote they require for 10 languages and back into English as well as quotes for Quark formatting and detailed price breakdown!

Am I being overly suspicious here?

Jeannie
Collapse

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 08:40
English to Dutch
+ ...
Did you check the Blue Board? Jul 9, 2003

If this particular company doesn't figure on the BB yet, simply enter the coordinates of the company at

http://www.proz.com/?sp=agency_rate&action=add_agency&viewPage=add

Chances are someone will reply with useful info.

Good luck!

Egmont
Egmont
Spain
Afrikaans to Spanish
+ ...
ATS Jul 9, 2003

kalimeh wrote:

Hi
It's not just a matter of issuing prices, but it is quite an extensive quote they require for 10 languages and back into English as well as quotes for Quark formatting and detailed price breakdown!

Jeannie
Web Site: http://www.ats-translations.com
Address: 53 Queen's Gardens
City: London
Phone Number: 00442074022571
Fax Number: 00442074027175

Egmont
Egmont
Spain
Afrikaans to Spanish
+ ...
Maybe... Jul 9, 2003

alkvw wrote:

kalimeh wrote:

Hi

Jeannie
Web Site: http://www.ats-translations.com
Fax Number: 00442074027175

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Listed on the Blue Board Jul 9, 2003

The company you mention is listed on the Blue Board, yet without any ratings so far (I issued a request).

Best, Ralf

Michele Johnson
Michele Johnson  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
WHOIS results - perhaps useful for you. Jul 9, 2003

If www.ats-translations.com is really their web address, maybe the whois lookup information will be useful for you in deciding if they're legit or not. I'd be inclined to give the tech/admin contacts a quick call:

Registrant:
ATS Translations Services (ATSTRANS857)
15 King Street
Covent Garden
LONDON, , WC2E 8HN
GB

Domain name: ats-trans
... See more
If www.ats-translations.com is really their web address, maybe the whois lookup information will be useful for you in deciding if they're legit or not. I'd be inclined to give the tech/admin contacts a quick call:

Registrant:
ATS Translations Services (ATSTRANS857)
15 King Street
Covent Garden
LONDON, , WC2E 8HN
GB

Domain name: ats-translations.com

Technical contact:
Webb, Jeffrey (JW602)
UKIP (Internet Consultants) Limited
PO Box 911

Preston, , Lancashire PR4 5PS
UK
[email protected]
Fax:

Administrative contact:
Hyseni, Afrim (AH236)
Conrad Executive Language Training
15 King Street

Covent Garden, , London WC2E 8HN
UK
[email protected]
+44 20 7 240 6064 Fax: +44 20 7 836 4622

Record created: 2003-04-07 09:05:17
Record last updated: 2003-05-07 13:52:02
Record expires: 2006-09-14 13:48:00
Collapse

airmailrpl
airmailrpl  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:40
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
whois search?? Jul 10, 2003

how does one do a whois search??

nettranslatorde
nettranslatorde
Russian to German
+ ...
ATS does not exist any longer! Jul 18, 2003

[/quote]Web Site: http://www.ats-translations.com
Fax Number: 00442074027175 [/quote]

In January 2003, I received a message from Gus Long, formerly production manager at ATS, that ATS merged with C
... See more
[/quote]Web Site: http://www.ats-translations.com
Fax Number: 00442074027175 [/quote]

In January 2003, I received a message from Gus Long, formerly production manager at ATS, that ATS merged with Cicero. Here you can read about this merger: http://www.cicero.co.uk/news.htm#merge

Kerstin
Collapse

Cicero
Cicero
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:40
Japanese to English
+ ...
Cicero merged with ATS Jul 21, 2003

That is correct, Cicero Languages International merged with ATS in December last year.

We also received the same quotation request from this "new" ATS and also noted the Yahoo e-mail address.

When receiving e-mails with address from such providers, it is generally our policy to ask them for company details including phone number etc. If they reply, which in over 80% of cases they do not, then we would call them to discuss their needs.

Best wishes

... See more
That is correct, Cicero Languages International merged with ATS in December last year.

We also received the same quotation request from this "new" ATS and also noted the Yahoo e-mail address.

When receiving e-mails with address from such providers, it is generally our policy to ask them for company details including phone number etc. If they reply, which in over 80% of cases they do not, then we would call them to discuss their needs.

Best wishes

Didier
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

request for info from company - I'm wary

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »