请问大家是如何从大陆外的客户那里收款的?
Thread poster: Seaguest
Seaguest
Seaguest  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:18
English to Chinese
Oct 20, 2005

最近为一外国公司翻译资料,对方规定通过paypal转帐,为此我特地到当地的招商银行申请了一张Mastercard卡。但在与paypal帐号关联时,网站提示“This credit card has been denied by the bank that issued your credit card. ”请问为什么招商银行拒绝接受这张信用卡?有没有其他解决办法?

David Shen
David Shen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:18
English to Chinese
+ ...
Maybe a regular bank account plus your credit card Oct 20, 2005

Hi, Seaguest:

When I opened my Paypal account several years ago, Paypel needed a major credit card PLUS a regular bank account, such as a savings or checking account. If your credit card is newly issued and you have not made any purchase on it, it is not verified by the financial system, eventhough I don't know which financial system I am talking about or is involved, China or the US. I think credit cards are pretty much accepted worldwide.

I would encourage you to go
... See more
Hi, Seaguest:

When I opened my Paypal account several years ago, Paypel needed a major credit card PLUS a regular bank account, such as a savings or checking account. If your credit card is newly issued and you have not made any purchase on it, it is not verified by the financial system, eventhough I don't know which financial system I am talking about or is involved, China or the US. I think credit cards are pretty much accepted worldwide.

I would encourage you to go to your bank that issued you the card and get an answer from them. You may also contact paypal by email.

I am sorry I may not be much of a help to you because I live here in the US and Paypal may have different rules for international users, but I strongly encourage you to get a Paypal account if you expect more business from international customers. Paypal is convenient, safe, very low service fees and you can get paid FAST! You can send and receive money to and from anybody in the world as long as he or she has an email address. I tried to move some money from the account when I was travelling in China, last year, and it worked immediately!

A while ago, I remember reading a topic by Juanjin sayin he was in a kind blue for not knowing when he would receive that check from abroad. Well, maybe when your account is established your should tell him to get one too.

Good luck!
Collapse

Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:18
English to Chinese
+ ...
My help. Oct 20, 2005

Hi Seaguest,

I try to help you with the following:

1. Your MasterCard must be a so-called double currency card that bank says you can use abroad. I know not all credit cards can be used internationally.

2. "This credit card has been denied by the bank that issued your credit card." This sentence indicates that your BANK does NOT accept it, NOT PayPal. So I guess this card is invalid. You'd better contact your BANK and ask them why. You're their valued custo
... See more
Hi Seaguest,

I try to help you with the following:

1. Your MasterCard must be a so-called double currency card that bank says you can use abroad. I know not all credit cards can be used internationally.

2. "This credit card has been denied by the bank that issued your credit card." This sentence indicates that your BANK does NOT accept it, NOT PayPal. So I guess this card is invalid. You'd better contact your BANK and ask them why. You're their valued customer so I'm sure it's their responsibility to explain that to you and have this settled.

3. You do NOT need to verify your PayPal account to receive money. There's no limit for receiving money. However, when you want to withdraw that money or use that money thru PayPal, you need to associate a Credit Card with it so the limits can be lifted. This means if you can't use that credit card now, you still can get your money thru PayPal account. However, you have to make sure you can get it verified anyway in the near future.

4. Request a check from your client instead. That way everything will be easier. I only let client send me thru PP anything under 100 US, otherwise, check pls.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Jianjun
Collapse

Seaguest
China
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
非常感谢! Oct 20, 2005

非常感谢两位先生的悉心指点。我本来是担心如果不能及时与信用卡关联,会影响到收款。既然不会,我就让客户先把钱打到Paypal帐户,慢慢我再与银行交涉。

Han Li
Han Li  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
我也很想知道答案 Oct 22, 2005

不知各位在大陆居住的同仁,有没有在Paypal上绑定成功中行的长城国际借记卡或者中银长城国际卡的,我最近想办一个,但是不知道能不能和Paypal绑定,因为我也不准备出国,只是想绑定Paypal帐户,如果不能用则卡手续费就浪费了。
而且Paypal上说在中国大陆不能从Paypal帐户转帐到本地帐户,不知有什么影响,是不是即使绑定成功也不能转帐到本地?
如果哪位有这方面的经验,能不能指点一下。

Seaguest
China
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
办法只能是这样 Oct 22, 2005

昨天与银行经理谈了一会儿,原来国内银行还少有人知道这么一种网上支付系统。他告诉我说,由于国内系统对外汇进出实行双重管制,即使绑定成功,也无法将网上的钱转入银行帐户,因为这样其实是逃避了国家的监管。所以除非国内银行确定能对外汇流通进行有效管制,否则无法真正实施这项业务。他建议我将钱转入国外某个亲友的帐户,再由他们以侨汇的方式寄进来;或者干脆存入外国银行。

Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:18
English to Chinese
+ ...
Credit Card and PayPal Oct 22, 2005

Some answers:

1. Credit Cards issued by major banks in China are international cards already, provided they bear the VISA or MASTERCARD logo. To make sure of this, inquire your bank.

So there's no need that you apply for BOC's International Card which is the last resort.Because you have to deposit at least 500 USD into BOC and pay their annual fees in USD. And do you want to use that card in China? It will charge in USD, and when you pay you have to buy USD from the ba
... See more
Some answers:

1. Credit Cards issued by major banks in China are international cards already, provided they bear the VISA or MASTERCARD logo. To make sure of this, inquire your bank.

So there's no need that you apply for BOC's International Card which is the last resort.Because you have to deposit at least 500 USD into BOC and pay their annual fees in USD. And do you want to use that card in China? It will charge in USD, and when you pay you have to buy USD from the bank and lose your money due to currency conversion.

2. Money transferred into PayPal account can be withdrawn by requesting a check ONLY (I mean for mainlanders).

If you happen to have a bank account in HK, you can open a HK PayPal account and transfer your money to HK account for free.

However, this way you can only get HK dollars and converting USD to HKD will cause your money to "shrink" a little.

PayPal will charge you 5 dollars for this check and you are expected to pay at least 20 to at most 60 Yuan (depending on which bank you go to) processing fee when you cash your check at the local bank provided that your mailing address is secure and the check is not stolen (In some areas this could happen!).

No registered mail available!

3. You can use your Credit Card to verify PayPal account in order that you have limits lifted up. So anyway when you want to get your money, at least you can request a check.

Or when you want to use that money for online shopping such as paying your Proz.com membership fee or buying some server space, you can spend more than 100 USD. PayPal accounts not verified has a permanent sending limit of 100 USD. That means you can never spend more than 100 USD if your account is not verified.
Collapse

Last Hermit
Last Hermit
Chinese to English
+ ...
别说你是中国大陆的,就算是西班牙、葡萄牙都没门! Oct 22, 2005

但如果你有在香港开户的银行帐户,以香港人身份申请一个PP,就会马上发现Withdraw项下除了美国银行帐户外,还有一个香港的银行帐户。
  何解?因为香港是享负国际的国际金融中心,人家的什么东西都正规得很(尽管小董偏心老李)。国内的银行呢?今天抓这个行的行长,哪天又双规那个行的行长。所有商业银行的行长都抓完了,现在,就看看人民银行的行长,
... See more
  何解?因为香港是享负国际的国际金融中心,人家的什么东西都正规得很(尽管小董偏心老李)。国内的银行呢?今天抓这个行的行长,哪天又双规那个行的行长。所有商业银行的行长都抓完了,现在,就看看人民银行的行长,再过几年抓不抓!我们就拭目以待吧!

话又说回头,您这个问题完全是个context问题,只须查查PP上的说明就行了。一串可以直接提款的国家或地区中,就没有中国大陆的。说到您跑去问银行的职员,那恐怕是“包错树皮”了。PayPal这些所谓网上支付办法,也就只有俺们这些有些办法直接赚取外汇的知道,别的人恐怕十人有九点九九九九个不知道。至于银行的职员,您就算跑断腿挨个问,最后都可能是竹篮打水一场空。

Seaguest wrote:

最近为一外国公司翻译资料,对方规定通过paypal转帐,为此我特地到当地的招商银行申请了一张Mastercard卡。但在与paypal帐号关联时,网站提示“This credit card has been denied by the bank that issued your credit card. ”请问为什么招商银行拒绝接受这张信用卡?有没有其他解决办法?

[Edited at 2005-10-23 14:31]
Collapse

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:18
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
隐士的话老是对的. Oct 23, 2005

Last Hermit wrote:

何解?因为香港是享负国际的国际金融中心,人家的什么东西都正规得很(尽管小董偏心老李)。国内的银行的?今天抓这个行的行长,哪天又双规那个行的行长。所有商业银行的行长都抓完了,现在,就看看人民银行的行长,再过几年抓不抓!我们就拭目以待吧!

话又说回头,您这个问题完全是个context问题,只须查查PP上的说明就行了。一串可以直接提款的国家或地区中,就没有中国大陆的。说到您跑去问银行的职员,那恐怕是“包错树皮”了。PayPal这些所谓网上支付办法,也就只有俺们这些有些办法直接赚取外汇的知道,别的人恐怕十人有九点九九九九个不知道。至于银行的职员,您就算跑断脚挨个问,最好都可以是竹篮打水一场空。

Seaguest wrote:

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
http://www.tv-radio.com/ondemand/rfi/mere/ftp/Audio/Chinois/R070/dossier24102005.asx Oct 24, 2005

http://www.tv-radio.com/ondemand/rfi/mere/ftp/Audio/Chinois/R070/dossier24102005.ram

Last Hermit wrote:

何解?因为香港是享负国际的国际金融中心,人家的什么东西都正规得很(尽管小董偏心老李)。国内的银行呢?今天抓这个行的行长,哪天又双规那个行的行长。所有商业银行的行长都抓完了,现在,就看看人民银行的行长,再过几年抓不抓!我们就拭目以待吧

[Edited at 2005-10-24 14:15]

Last Hermit
Last Hermit
Chinese to English
+ ...
这些根本算不了什么新闻 Oct 25, 2005

俺说的是,总行的行长。现在就剩央行行长没抓了。抓不抓?过几年再说吧。

chance wrote:

http://www.tv-radio.com/ondemand/rfi/mere/ftp/Audio/Chinois/R070/dossier24102005.ram

Last Hermit wrote:

何解?因为香港是享负国际的国际金融中心,人家的什么东西都正规得很(尽管小董偏心老李)。国内的银行呢?今天抓这个行的行长,哪天又双规那个行的行长。所有商业银行的行长都抓完了,现在,就看看人民银行的行长,再过几年抓不抓!我们就拭目以待吧

[Edited at 2005-10-24 14:15]

Yong He
Yong He
English to Chinese
+ ...
paypal 不是没有用了么? Oct 25, 2005

不能转账,paypal还有啥用啊?郁闷!!!
我是新来的,请多关照!!!

Yong He
Yong He
English to Chinese
+ ...
paypal为中国用户开通了汇票取款业务 Oct 28, 2005

http://www.eacha.com/ebay/paypal/200503/161.html

Angus Woo
Angus Woo
Chinese to English
+ ...
香港的確係咁 Oct 28, 2005

我喺香港收款就從來都沒試過有問題,好方便。

Seaguest
China
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
謝謝 Oct 28, 2005

David He wrote:

http://www.eacha.com/ebay/paypal/200503/161.html[/quote]

看到了。但感觉还是太繁琐。如果手续再简单些就更好了。

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

请问大家是如何从大陆外的客户那里收款的?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »