Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Have you ever tried to get your payments via Moneybookers?
Thread poster: Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 12:47
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
Apr 21, 2003

I know that people prefer PayPal. But it\'s unfortunately not available in Lithuania and other East European and former USSR countries.

There\'s another similar to PayPal web-service that is available in those countries - Moneybookers. It\'s quite a new UK company. Here is its description:

\"Moneybookers allow you to safely send and receive money via email - instantly. You can send money
... See more
I know that people prefer PayPal. But it\'s unfortunately not available in Lithuania and other East European and former USSR countries.

There\'s another similar to PayPal web-service that is available in those countries - Moneybookers. It\'s quite a new UK company. Here is its description:

\"Moneybookers allow you to safely send and receive money via email - instantly. You can send money from your credit card, transfer money to and from your bank account. Use Moneybookers whenever you need to send money to someone (settle a debt with a friend, pay for online purchase/auctions...) or when someone needs to send money to you.\"

I\'ve just signed up for a business account with them and I would like to hear opinions of those who had some experience with these financial service providers.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Nikita Kobrin

[ This Message was edited by: Nikita Kobrin on 2003-04-24 10:49]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:47
English to German
+ ...
Moneybookers "refer a friend" program Apr 24, 2003

Having browsed their website after your post, I even registered myself and found this:

Quote:

Moneybookers refer a friend program

The 1st account in the world that pays you for sending payments. We must be crazy!

For what do we pay you? New customers referred by you

Option 1: Check the referral check box every time you send a payment –... See more
Having browsed their website after your post, I even registered myself and found this:

Quote:

Moneybookers refer a friend program

The 1st account in the world that pays you for sending payments. We must be crazy!

For what do we pay you? New customers referred by you

Option 1: Check the referral check box every time you send a payment – when the recipient signs up to claim the payment, you will automatically be marked as his referrer!

Option 2: Get your referral link, put your link in your email signature, on your web site, or just send it to friends. If a person clicks on your link and joins Moneybookers, you are automatically marked as his referrer!

Option 3: If your friend did not use your referral link, you can still be marked as his referrer after registration when he enters your referral ID by clicking on the “Who referred you?” link below. This option will only be available within 14 days after registration.

How much do we pay you? 30% of our fee income

All future “Send money” fees of your progenies, including fees earned from online shopping purchases, qualify.

Your revenue share will be credited to your Moneybookers account in a daily batch payment.

Looking at your post above, the embedded banner contains a link incorporating what must be your referral ID - mine looks very similar: https://xxx.moneybookers.com/app/?rid=169033. (Note that I deliberately changed the URL to deactivate it here.)

I just wonder whether this fact has any relevance to your rather pronounced criticism in this thread, and your frustration of not \"making it\" to the ProZ.com homepage?

As I say: just wondering - maybe you didn\'t even know about the scheme. In any case, I would welcome if you could remove the banner from your posting, or at least take out your referral ID - no doubt you have seen the Forum Rules of Etiquette prohibiting \"advertising or any form of commercial solicitation\".

Thank you - Ralf ▲ Collapse

Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 12:47
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: Moneybookers Apr 24, 2003

Ralf: \"I would welcome if you could remove the banner from your posting, or at least take out your referral ID - no doubt you have seen the Forum Rules of Etiquette prohibiting \"advertising or any form of commercial solicitation\"

OK Ralf, your criticism has been taken - I\'ve changed the URLs. Sorry.

Ralf: \"I just wonder whether this fact has any relevance to your rather pronounced criticism in this thread, and your frustration of not \"making it\" t
... See more
Ralf: \"I would welcome if you could remove the banner from your posting, or at least take out your referral ID - no doubt you have seen the Forum Rules of Etiquette prohibiting \"advertising or any form of commercial solicitation\"

OK Ralf, your criticism has been taken - I\'ve changed the URLs. Sorry.

Ralf: \"I just wonder whether this fact has any relevance to your rather pronounced criticism in this thread, and your frustration of not \"making it\" to the ProZ.com homepage?\"

I understand what you mean. No, it\'s not in fact so. I really want to hear from people with some experience with Moneybookers. That\'s why I published this posting. Just to be marked as a referrer to Moneybookers is a too small goal to bother.

Regards,

Nikita Kobrin

[ This Message was edited by: Nikita Kobrin on 2003-04-24 13:05]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Thanks, Nikita Apr 24, 2003

I appreciate the change.

Best regards, Ralf

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:47
Georgian to English
+ ...
I too would be grateful for feedback about using them Apr 24, 2003

I too would be grateful for information about the advantages or disadvantages of using them.

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Moneybookers instead of PayPal on our ProZ profile page? Jun 19, 2003

I would like to sign up with Moneybookers, but I'd like to know if we can put it on our ProZ profile page.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:47
SITE FOUNDER
If there is enough interest, and a way provided by MB, sure Jun 19, 2003

writeaway wrote:

I would like to sign up with Moneybookers, but I'd like to know if we can put it on our ProZ profile page.

Anyone else interested?

theangel
theangel  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2006)
Swedish to Italian
+ ...
I am Jun 21, 2003

Henry wrote:

writeaway wrote:

Anyone else interested?

Hi Henry,
I'd be interested in this feature too, if MB turns out to be a serious and reliable company, because Paypal doesn't work in Italy either: you can pay and be paid, but you can't get the money into your bank account, you can only spnd it online...
So I guess that my Italian colleagues would appreciate it too.

Regards,
Matilde

LJC (X)
LJC (X)
France
French to English
+ ...
Me too Jun 22, 2003

I've put it on my profile but it would be nice to have it set up like the Paypal logo link.

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:47
Georgian to English
+ ...
Yes please Jul 10, 2003

Henry wrote:

Anyone else interested?

Veronica Durbaca
Veronica Durbaca  Identity Verified

English to Romanian
+ ...
Yup, me too... Jul 10, 2003

Henry,
It would be great for all the translators in the EEC, I believe...I don't think PayPal is available in any of these.

Regards,
Veronica

Péter Tófalvi
Péter Tófalvi  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Me too Jul 16, 2003

I also registered at MB and made my first withdrawal. (only after I "identified" myself.
Let's see what happens...

Michael Bastin
Michael Bastin  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
+ ...
I used moneybookers several times Jul 19, 2003

... but won't use it that much since Internationl payments became free thru Internet banking, at least for my Belgian bank.

Different people had different experiences, the 3 times I have been paid this way, the money was delivered in 2 days to my Belgian account, and the fees are almost symbolical.

Rocío Boada del Sol (X)
Rocío Boada del Sol (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Me too Jul 23, 2003

I would be interested in this feature too!

Péter Tófalvi
Péter Tófalvi  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Bad news Jul 26, 2003

1. www.moneybookers.com says that you don't need to identify yourself for sums below 1000 euros/dollars.

This is not true, because I was asked to identify myself for the withdrawal of a sum less than 100 euros.

2. I had to send them a copy of my passport.
Very bad! Don't send the copy of your passport by fax to anywhere. A passport copy can be then abused. See: Nigeria Scam let
... See more
1. www.moneybookers.com says that you don't need to identify yourself for sums below 1000 euros/dollars.

This is not true, because I was asked to identify myself for the withdrawal of a sum less than 100 euros.

2. I had to send them a copy of my passport.
Very bad! Don't send the copy of your passport by fax to anywhere. A passport copy can be then abused. See: Nigeria Scam letters.

3. After my identification was accepted they replied that the withdrawal failed, because my bank account number is wrong.
This was not true! As another remark: even if it would has been wrong, you cannot modify your bank accoount number on their website. Moreover, if you delete a bank account number, you cannot add it again, as you get the "already addedd" warning.

4. They say that they transfer your money through their local branch, that's way the withdrawal fee is minimal.

5. Now they asked my to give them some more bank details: SWIFT code etc.

6. They identified me on July 16. Today is 26, and I still didn't got my money, in spite of their promise that the transfer shall be made within 5 days.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Have you ever tried to get your payments via Moneybookers?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »