Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
It has been for five years now and it is the time for a change…
Thread poster: Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:27
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Dec 28, 2006

Dear Translators,

It is the end of 2006, and this is the time that I, as well as you, should take a moment to reflect our performance to this date. You did great, and I could not possibly ask for more. I want to take this opportunity to thank you all, each of you, for being there and be my fans and supporters. Being able to interact with you here, honestly, I learned a lot from you and had fun time with you. One of the many things to point out is that I have a better understanding o
... See more
Dear Translators,

It is the end of 2006, and this is the time that I, as well as you, should take a moment to reflect our performance to this date. You did great, and I could not possibly ask for more. I want to take this opportunity to thank you all, each of you, for being there and be my fans and supporters. Being able to interact with you here, honestly, I learned a lot from you and had fun time with you. One of the many things to point out is that I have a better understanding of the diversity and individuality now. Let me simply put it this way, I could not have walked this far without you being there.

I also want you to know that this volunteer job, the Moderator of Chinese Forum from the day one, has been taking more time from my personal life and my business. I am ready for a change. So, I made a decision and resigned today from my job as the Moderator of Chinese Forum at ProZ.com. I have not yet made any arrangement with the Management about the SCH Localization Project. However, I did express my interest to help with it to the end, if my service is needed.

To think of it, I have worked for 5 years on this job, and this is a good time to let other more qualified and talented people to have a chance to contribute on this position. I had great time with the fellow translators and made many friends. I want to take this opportunity to thank you all who supported me in the past five years. I also want to thank the Management of ProZ.com for trusting me and giving me the opportunity to shine on this stage!

I will remain to be a member here. I just paid my membership fee, even though it is not due yet, so you will see me around at this site that I have proudly helped to build and service for five years. It has been a wonderful and memorable experience for me to treasure for long time.

Happy New Year to you all!

Kevin Yang

[修改时间: 2006-12-28 23:38]
Collapse

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:27
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thank you, Kevin.... Dec 29, 2006

...for your great work! We'll miss you a lot without you around.

David Shen
David Shen  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
Hello Kevin Dec 29, 2006

I am available whenever you need a hand or a chat!

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:27
Chinese to English
+ ...
See you around Dec 29, 2006

Kevin,

That was kind of sudden, although you did give us some hint of your intention of making some changes in the new year.

Like I said in the other thread (the one that discusses the appropriateness of the use of English in this forum), you have been a great moderator to this forum. I'm sure all the members here are as thankful as I am for your contribution to this community over the years. The dedica
... See more
Kevin,

That was kind of sudden, although you did give us some hint of your intention of making some changes in the new year.

Like I said in the other thread (the one that discusses the appropriateness of the use of English in this forum), you have been a great moderator to this forum. I'm sure all the members here are as thankful as I am for your contribution to this community over the years. The dedicaton, passion, inspiration, and kindness you've demonstrated in a leadership role would certainly be missed. The fairness, balanced judgment, and professionalism you've shown in handling various issues and moderating different opinions would certainly be a tough act to follow.

I for one wish you had stayed on as the moderator. But I also fully respect the decision that you have made.

Wishing you the best in your future endeavors.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

http://youtube.com/watch?search=&mode=related&v=sDvr-wxiqkE

I'll Be Seeing You (Billie Holiday)

I'll be seeing you
In all the old familiar places
That this heart of mine embraces
All day through.

In that small cafe;
The park across the way;
The children's carousel;
The chestnut trees;
The wishin' well.

I'll be seeing you
In every lovely summer's day;
In every thing that's light and gay.
I'll always think of you that way.

I'll find you
In the morning sun
And when the night is new.
I'll be looking at the moon,
But I'll be seeing you.

I'll be seeing you
In every lovely summer's day;
In every thing that's light and gay.
I'll always think of you that way.

I'll find you
In the morning sun
And when the night is new.
I'll be looking at the moon,
But I'll be seeing you.
Collapse

pkchan
pkchan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:27
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
KEVIN大哥離, 小PK無心機 Dec 29, 2006

曲名:爱在深秋 歌手:谭咏麟
专辑:歌者恋歌浓情30年演唱会

如果命里早注定分手
无需为我假意挽留
如果情是永恒不朽
怎会分手....
我是真心捨不得你走

http://www.1ting.com/player/c2/player_121722.html

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 01:27
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Asking Kevin to stay Dec 29, 2006

I have exchanged several emails with my friend Kevin asking him to reconsider his decision, please see my post at http://www.proz.com/post/478372#478372

Kevin Yang is an outstanding moderator, and I am proud to share a working space with him

Regards,
Enrique Cavalitto
Community manager

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Kevin, Dec 29, 2006

我个人是希望你能继续担任Mod,但也能理解你的决定。

无论如何,非常感谢你多年来的出色工作!!

Kevin Yang
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I decided to put on my old wig again... Dec 29, 2006

My dear fellow translators,

After so many messages posted in the Modz Forum and emails sent by the founders, Enrique and other moderators, I am so moved by their sincerity and effort to ask me to re-consider. I also felt you were missing me here. I realized the sudden change will hurt the Chinese Forum. I thought again and accepted the invitation of Enrique and the Management. I felt nothing more to lose after having invested so much time and passion here, so I decided to put on my
... See more

After so many messages posted in the Modz Forum and emails sent by the founders, Enrique and other moderators, I am so moved by their sincerity and effort to ask me to re-consider. I also felt you were missing me here. I realized the sudden change will hurt the Chinese Forum. I thought again and accepted the invitation of Enrique and the Management. I felt nothing more to lose after having invested so much time and passion here, so I decided to put on my old wig again and walk onto the stage with pride and style...

I apologize for the change of mind. It was not a show, I really meant it, but just could not see everyone being disappointed.

Let’s celebrate 2007 together!

Kevin
Collapse

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
It's great Dec 29, 2006

that you decided to stay, Kevin! I'm really happy to hear that.

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
我也高兴,但是承认比较自私,因为是你需要付出 Dec 29, 2006

Zhoudan wrote:

that you decided to stay, Kevin! I'm really happy to hear that.

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
Great! Dec 29, 2006

Hi Kevin,

Great that you decide to keep on serving us! You have been doing the job really well. It shall stay like that.

By the way, the one in Beijing had been a competent PM in several international companies. Maybe we meet someday in Beijing, Shanghai, Beijing and/or Mongolia. But do consider to come to Shanghai for the May POWWOW. We are working on it now.

- Wenjer

P.S. I decide to make a totally different postcard on my own. Thank you for
... See more
Hi Kevin,

Great that you decide to keep on serving us! You have been doing the job really well. It shall stay like that.

By the way, the one in Beijing had been a competent PM in several international companies. Maybe we meet someday in Beijing, Shanghai, Beijing and/or Mongolia. But do consider to come to Shanghai for the May POWWOW. We are working on it now.

- Wenjer

P.S. I decide to make a totally different postcard on my own. Thank you for your willingness to help me with it. If I got some trouble making the card, I will ask you for solutions.

[Edited at 2006-12-29 09:06]
Collapse

Xiaoping Fu
Xiaoping Fu  Identity Verified
Canada
Chinese to English
+ ...
向你致敬! Dec 29, 2006

Kevin:

如果你要辞职,我完全理解。因为你确实付出太多了。除了无偿奉献的时间和心力外,一定还有旁人无法完全了解的无奈和委屈。坦白地讲,如果是我,绝对坚持不了这么久。

但是,我更高兴你能留任。因为我实在想象不出谁能做得像你这么好。

对你接受慰留的决定,我致以十二分的敬意!

Xiaoping

TongliUSA wrote:

After so many messages posted in the Modz Forum and emails sent by the founders, Enrique and other moderators, I am so moved by their sincerity and effort to ask me to re-consider. I also felt you were missing me here. I realized the sudden change will hurt the Chinese Forum. I thought again and accepted the invitation of Enrique and the Management. I felt nothing more to lose after having invested so much time and passion here, so I decided to put on my old wig again and walk onto the stage with pride and style...

I apologize for the change of mind. It was not a show, I really meant it, but just could not see everyone being disappointed.

Let’s celebrate 2007 together!

Kevin

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Worth Celebrating Dec 29, 2006

It's great to see the latest development. I'm very glad that Kevin has agreed to stay on as the moderator of this forum.

I think site management should also be commended for their sincerity and effort, as Kevin mentioned, that resulted in this positive outcome.

[Edited at 2006-12-29 14:04]

Kevin Yang
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
感谢诸位给予我的信任和鼓励! Dec 29, 2006

Xiaoping Fu wrote:

对你接受慰留的决定,我致以十二分的敬意!

Xiaoping

小平,还有Steve、老沈、周丹、Chance、文哲、小陈:

对不起,思想有了点儿波动,想打退堂鼓后,又被推上了台,就像是演戏,见笑了。向老天发誓,全是真情流露,是玩儿真个儿的。干嘛老是把持着这个舞台呢?

我这人名字叫志坚,但也有名不副实的时候,因为心里有一块儿棉花地,经不住那么多的领导和同事的解释和说服。把Enrique老先生着急得凌晨两点还不能入睡,等我给个说法,挺大岁数了还那么执着,我被完全感动了。我从来不图关注,只需要理解。有些事情推动不起来,又不能得到领导的及时批复,想的就多了些,牢骚也跟着流露出来。细想起来,何必呢?每个人已经够忙的了,都够烦的了,我就别再添乱了。大家都处了这么多年了,虽没有“见”过面,但早就和知心朋友一样了,怎么舍得留下这样的局面让大家承受?只好又笨手笨脚地收回了自己的突如其来想法。

感谢诸位,特别是在我需要你们的时候,给予我的信任和鼓励! 这戏,咱就再接着唱下去......

志坚

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
完全理解 Dec 30, 2006

TongliUSA wrote:

Xiaoping Fu wrote:

对你接受慰留的决定,我致以十二分的敬意!

Xiaoping

小平,还有Steve、老沈、周丹、Chance、文哲、小陈:

对不起,思想有了点儿波动,想打退堂鼓后,又被推上了台,就像是演戏,见笑了。向老天发誓,全是真情流露,是玩儿真个儿的。干嘛老是把持着这个舞台呢?

我这人名字叫志坚,但也有名不副实的时候,因为心里有一块儿棉花地,经不住那么多的领导和同事的解释和说服。把Enrique老先生着急得凌晨两点还不能入睡,等我给个说法,挺大岁数了还那么执着,我被完全感动了。我从来不图关注,只需要理解。有些事情推动不起来,又不能得到领导的及时批复,想的就多了些,牢骚也跟着流露出来。细想起来,何必呢?每个人已经够忙的了,都够烦的了,我就别再添乱了。大家都处了这么多年了,虽没有“见”过面,但早就和知心朋友一样了,怎么舍得留下这样的局面让大家承受?只好又笨手笨脚地收回了自己的突如其来想法。

感谢诸位,特别是在我需要你们的时候,给予我的信任和鼓励! 这戏,咱就再接着唱下去......

志坚

Kevin,

这是人之常情, 完全可以理解. 有时看到一些不通情理的发言, 我也是觉得何必多管闲事瞎操心呢? 象小平所说, 搁着别人早不干了. 还是你舍己为公的精神令人钦佩

你看, 又有人在搞分裂不是? 真烦人.

[Edited at 2006-12-30 00:35]

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

It has been for five years now and it is the time for a change…

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »