Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
The conference fee includes full conference attendance (2 days), lunch on Saturday and Sunday and the gala dinner (3-course dinner including 1 drink) on Saturday evening. Prices do not include VAT.
Early-bird discounted pricing period will end on August 1st at midnight GMT.
There is a gala dinner item available below the conference prices box on the left margin if you wish to purchase an extra seat to bring your spouse, a family member, a friend or a guest to the dinner. Please note that in this case, you have to make one payment per extra seat.
Please note that accommodation is not included in any of the packages. It is your responsibility to make your own accommodation arrangements. For addresses and tips, please see the accommodation section below and the relevant forum topic.
A students discount is available. Please see on the left margin, below the pricing boxes, for the full procedure on how to benefit from it.
One-day passes are also available. They include lunch and coffee breaks but do not includethe gala dinner - if you plan to attend for one day only and want to participate in the dinner, please purchase it separately using the extra gala dinner item in the left.
Please note that you need to be logged-in to your ProZ.com account to be able to register. If you do not have a profile on ProZ.com, you can create one here - it's free, quick and easy!
Friday 1 October: Training session (all day) Friday 1 October: Pre-conference powwow in the evening- view powwow page and sign up here
Saturday 2 & Sunday 3 October: Conference and gala dinner on Saturday evening
Sunday 3 October: Post-conference powwow in the evening - view powwow page and sign up here
Monday 4 October: Dragon Naturally speaking training (half day, morning)
The conference programme is available on the Program tab. The event will start with a crash course in the Czech language. You'll like it!
Training session 1: Trados Studio 2009 workshop
Friday, October 1st. From 9h00 am to 5h00 pm, Olympik Artemis Hotel
1. Trados beginners - never worked with any previous or current version of Trados
2. Trados 6.x - 8.x users - users, who have strong experience with previous versions, however, who intend to switch to Studio
3. Beginners and moderate users of Studio Description:
The workshop is divided into 3 parts:
1. Freelance use, use in agencies, various formats, increased productivity
2. Basic functions of Trados 2009: project preparation, translating a single document, translation memory - Create&Open, finalization, various functions (Autopropagate, QuickPlace, translation providers - Google Translate, AutoSuggest), working with packages
3. Advanced functions: various advanced settings, working with memories, customization, TermBase, WinAlignment
Strong general computer skills are required, very good user knowledge of Win XP, Win Vista or Win 7 (as applicable), plus strong user knowledge of Office software products - MS Office or similar
1. Strong reasoning for purchasing (switching to) Studio 2009
2. New information on features and functions (beginners and advanced users)
System requirements: Laptop with Studio 2009
Part 1: 9.00 - 10:20
2. Improving efficiency with CAT tools, namely with Studio 2009
3. Formats available in Studio 2009
4. Working with Projects vs. Documents in Studio 2009
5. Creating a project, analyses and reports
Break 10 min
Part 2: 10:30 - 12.00
1. Working with projects - various settings
2. Using various functions - AutoSuggest, QuickPlace, Autopropagate
3. Project settings
5. Project preparation and finalization
Lunch break 60 min
Part 3: 13.00 - 14.30
1. Working with TMs - export, import, search
2. Customization of Studio 2009
3. Advanced settings - QA, etc.
Break 15 min
14.45 - 16.15
1. TermBase - assign, create, import, export, edit in translation process
2. WinAlign - create a project, export, import
Break 10 min
16.25 - 17.00
1. Summary - reasons to purchase (switch to) Studio 2009
Capacity: 15 people
To register for the SDL TRADOS Training session, use the 'Buy Now' button in the green box on the left. Alternatively, you can also purchase your conference seat and the SDL Training session together through the 'Buy Now' button in the upper green box.
Training session 2: Your first steps with voice recognition software
Monday, October 4. From 9 am to 12h30 pm, Olympik Artemis Hotel
Dragon Naturally Speaking as a productivity tool the aim of this training is to demonstrate the use of DNS in order to increase productivity associated, not only, with other tools of the translation industry, but also, in dealing with daily admin task and Internet (terminology) research.
Target: Translators working with English, French, Dutch, German, Italian, Spanish
- Introduction to DNS: DNS preferred, DNS Pro
- History and Basic principles (Statistical base recognition): Development and key dates, limits, statistical base tool, basic functions
- DNS, English voice recognition for non native speakers: Training DNS, tips and tricks to improve recognition and accuracy
- Using with CAT tools: DNS with Déjà Vu, DNS with MemoQ, DNS with Alchemy Catalyst/Publisher
- Other uses for DNS: Searching the Web (Terminology search), writing emails, invoicing and other administrative tasks
- Wrap up/summary
Capacity: 20 people.
To register for the DNS Training session, use the 'Buy Now' button in the green box on the left. Alternatively, you can also purchase your conference seat and the Training session together through the 'Buy Now' button in the upper green box.
It is no longer possible to book a room at the conference hotel as they have no more vacancies but there are a lot of other options in the area of the conference venue. More information on hotels and hostels in the area will be communicated soon. The venue is easy to reach by tram and metro from virtually any part of the city.
Please note that accommodation will not be included in any of the conference packages and that hotel bookings are not ProZ.com's responsibility.
Prague is a city with a highly-developed public transport system. It is regular and rather cheap, including trams, buses, metro, trains and even a funicular. You can also take a taxi. At the conference hotel, taxi service will be available to take you anywhere in and outside the city for fixed prices. Go to the Venue tab for more details and useful links.
Visa requirements for the Czech Rpublic: view the list of countries here
If you need an invitation letter to apply for a visa for the conference, please submit a support request
Such an exceptional event is an excellent target group to advertise your products or services. All participants are high profile translators, interpreters or language industry actors. The annual ProZ.com international conference is now a deeply-rooted tradition among the ProZ.com translators community, the biggest in the industry.
Do not miss this opportunity, become a sponsor of the ProZ.com 7th international conference!
A wide range of sponsorship packages and opportunities are available, and we can even create customized packages tailored to your business and your needs. Everything is possible.
This year, exceptionnally, grouped sponsorship offers for both the Prague conference and the ProZ.com virtual conference have been created.
There are plenty of opportunities adapted to all budgets. Want to see your logo here? Don't wait - click here to view the sponsorship brochure, and feel free to contact Anne to discuss your needs and create a customized sponsorship.
Internet access: Free wireless access will be available in the conference centre, including the cafeteria.
Conference forum: If you have a question of need an information that is not available on this page and its subpages, if you need more information on travel, accommodation or the city of Prague or if you want to share tips and information with fellow participants, please visit the Conference Forum before contacting the organizers as it may contain the information you are looking for.
If you need any assistance, please contact site staff via support request: